Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Christmas Reviews

Going to start with what I find the most important Christmas present, the pyjamas. Right now I'm in my pyjamas, special Christmas edition pyjamas, only for Christmas, hence the reason special edition. ;) I love the new comfy feeling of new pyjamas and when your in bed, it feels soooo soft and snug, as my baby brother says "snug as a bug". I think for Christmas it's extra special as your new things really put you in a good mood! I really like for the classic head-to-toe pyjamas set, because it's warm and it looks quiet stylish, for pyjamas. I went for a classic red topped with silver buttons and covered in white snowflakes from Primark this year! I secretly wanted to be Ms. Claus. 

I even got socks to match too. Overload? Maybe but it looks Christmassy! I wish I could show you my nails on my feet ( I HATE the word 'toe nails' EW....makes me cringe) but they are Ruby Red (your typical 60sec Rimmel), Forest Green (No7- the only nicest forest green colour on the market right now!!) and Gold! Very festive, for the season! The gold nail varnish actually is gold!! I was soooo suprised because usually nail polish that's suppose to be gold turns yellow or brown but not gold, but this is gold! It's amazing, I love it! and I'm crazy on my nails, seriously love nail polish and totally loathe naked nails! It's Revlon (No. 146- Gold Coin) and the most amazing thing is I didn't intend on buying it but it came in a Boot's gift box, along with their Coral Reef lip gloss (shade no. 170) and curl extenstion mascara. Now let me set one thing straight with their mascara, it's rubbish! I makes your eye lashes look like big bat Katie Price lashes! If that's your look, then their your babies, but no. I beg you not to go there, ever. The lipgloss is lovely and smooth on but quiet sticky, which isn't good for the smooches ladies! I may sound like I'm downgrading Revlon, but I'm not. As I also got their foundation "Colour Stay" for Christmas, and it's magic! It's No. 150 Buff Chamois. (Cool name I might add). Literally, I'm soooo pale and it's taking me 5 years, from designer to high street, to find a sooo-close YouGotStyleYouBadAss skin tone colour! It doesn't even feel heavy on your face either, it's super light and smooth, you would barely feel it. I'm super happy with the foundation and I totally recommend it but you need to be careful of make-up recommendations because everyone has different skin tones and skin types so telling someone to go buy these make-up products "right now cos they are the best in the world" is pointless. Try and experiment, it took me 5 years. 
I also decided to opp for MaxFactor lipstick this Christmas. I went for Rosewood (No.833) and it's so elegant! If your going to wear lipstick you need to be careful, so many people get it wrong and it makes me want to cry when I see it! For instance, the amount of people that want to pull the Nicki Minaj look off so bad clearly obvious when they cover themselves in Barbie Pink, a few get it right, the rest.....DISASTER! The colour itself is scary and Nicki has make up artists, the rest of us are amateurs so practise before embracing the public eye. But the MaxFactor range is gorgeous and they have a great selection! 
If you take anything from this read be this:
Make-up is a mask on your face, but is it a clowns mask? 

No comments:

Post a Comment