For the next two weeks, I'll be probably be blogging about what I'm getting up to, and to start off I'll tell you about today, which would be logic! And where do you ask? The Leopardstown Races! An event where you find men strolling around with €93,000 in cash to gamble away and enjoying their pints of beer until they are thrown up in the air. Or the young men who bet away all their weeks earnings on one horse to find they end up losing it all. What, do they actually expect sympathy when they start cursing their head off? It's a sin boys, tut tut. Oh and the hats, not the BIG coloured featured hats but the world famous farmer style hat:
Might grab on of those myself.....HA! But tbh it actually looks itchy?! I thought they wear it too keep their heads warm but it doesn't really cover your head or your ears. Or maybe they're bald and then it would fit the bill perfect. Maybe that's it, they are all bald. Or else it's their fashion, probably that cos that would make more sense.
Despite the ridiculous hats, it was in fact the most stylish lady and gent day! (Didn't go for it myself, because I didn't enter, but I clearly would of won ;) ) But gosh was their varieties of style: classic, vintage, wannabes, hookers and then the norms. The norms been the normal individuals who don't really try but throw on whatever suits. I never get them really, it seems they don't care, and to me that's a big WTF!! But my hats must come off for the two that received the Mount Juliet & Irish Tatler Most Stylish Award as both man and woman were unique in their own way. The man arrived in red skinnies and a Christian Dior jacket (the poor fella was mocked by the crowd, clearly Irish men have no sense of fashion) and the woman arrived in black knee-high Karen Milan boots and a fur-collared tweed coat. It was indeed impressive topped with a simple black floppy dome hat. The two were far superior in style then the men who showed up in SHINY TACKY suits or the women in the short skimpy dresses that they probably found at a cornmarket. One word, YUCK!
Althought I'm not into horse-racing, or indeed any sport on that matter, it was a nice wasteful day out! You even get to meet the odd Irish celeb trailing about as if they were world famous, pity they actually thought they were going to make it. It's Ireland baby, enough said. I did manage however to get a few photos because it kind of was the whole point of the day:
Just some of the few, that I thought I better share considering I did go to the races, except I didn't have a clue what was going on or who even fricking won. But either way I had a great day with the family!
No comments:
Post a Comment