I think the title says it all. To me anyway, 2011 definitely certainly changed me in more ways then one. It is probably partially due to the fact that I did TY, but I remember something my religion teacher told me in third year (long time ago) that around the age of 16 years, you discover your true self and tbh I think that is certainly true for the vast majority of people, including me. I changed life-long friends and school friends to find my best friend, an actual best friend that is oddly similar to me in MANY ways! My personality changed, abit, and made me discover and become confident in my style. I no longer care about what other people think of me, because for the first 3 years in secondary school it certaintly did. I no longer care about how much I study this year (well I have to) unlike other years when you pretend you were doing nothing (which actually was partially true cos I'm studying for the leaving now...BIG DIFFERENCE). I no longer care, because I'm happy been me. (feels really good to say).
2011 was a whopper of a year, and I'm going to list from 1 to where ever it stops:
- PARIS:- Eiffel Tower; the Louvre; Disneyland Paris; Monmartre (strangely); Notre Dame Cathedral; Arc de Triomphe; Champs-Elysees
- Alton Towers Theme Park!!
- Sneaking out without parents' permission to pubs (fricking pubs...downfall)
- to becoming responsible and not wanting to go out to clubs (unlike most of my year) because I'm aware of the consequences (you can get a criminal record if you get caught with a fake ID idiots!!),
- to seeing The Script at the Aviva in July & Tinie Tempah!
- to setting up a Chictopia & Lookbook and not been afraid to model
- to joining Twitter and Tumblr (nearly got all the social networking sites)
- to making a video with the girls as an English project (which was pretty impressive)
- to enjoying school life for the first time ( I love my subjects okaaay)
- to walking 28km in Glendalough as part of Gaisce
- to volunteering at St. Vincent de Paul
- Collecting money for Breast Cancer Awareness day & Irish Cancer Society
- to doing work experience in A|wear and Wexford General Hospital (not intending on working there...)
- to having a crazy Haribo day with Zoe
- to seeing former President Mary McAleece
- to discovering my love and now addiction to peanut butter
- to be able to express myself without fear of what others are thinking
- Endless Dublin shopping trips (more than 10)
- Becoming a Pescetarian
- A|wear fashion night in
- Come dine with me comp
- 'Skanger' Adidas day with Zoe
- Yoga
- Read 3/4 of a book
- Friendship letters
- Drawing cartoon portraits
- Got a Panasonic Lumix camera (laaaaaave it)
- Got a Blackberry
- First time going to town in heels (but only walked about 10 metres, then through the flats on) NEED TO FIX THAT
- The Sound of Music musical
- Grease musical
- Pantomime
- Wexford Opera
- Made 4 Frenemies (and your probably wondering how the hell that's a highlight, but I found my true and hopefully life-long best friend!)
- Dyed my hair (1,000,000,000 times)
- My 17th Birthday meal
- Loreto TY Ball
- Leopardstown Races
- RDS Races
I've more than likely forgot half but I think it's true when they say a photo speaks a 1,000 words:
The beginning of 2011 may have been rocky but it has ended on a good note, in style and with my dad.
I know for a lot of people, 2011 was rough especially for all my grandparents, but I sincerely hope that 2012 will be better and healthier for everyone. Maybe my list is short, but I hope to better myself in 2012!Kisses and Out,
xoxox


No comments:
Post a Comment