Sunday, 29 July 2012

DIY: Jeans to Shorts









Just before I went on holidays Zoe (best friend) and I decided to get funky with our scissors! We rumbled through our (plus family's) wardrobes to find some denim jeans! I even managed to get two pairs of jeans from my brother's which have now become my new fav shorts! 

At first we experimented to see which method we were going to use. Here's my steps:

  1. Measure the inner and outer parts (of the leg) with a measurement tape to your desired length. Note: The inner part should be a half inch longer than the outer part.
  2. Mark these points with a pen/marker
  3. Using a ruler, draw a line from the inner part to the outer part of the leg
  4. Using a scissor cut across this line. (Don't worry if it's crooked cos in the wash it will ruffle up)
  5. Try them on to see if you like this length. If not cut them to the length you would like them.
  6. Pull the threads out - with your fingers - at the bottom of the shorts
  7. Following instructions on the label, put them in the washing machine
  8. Put them in the dryer afterwards

So how do you like your new shorts? Did anyone try it? If your having some difficulty there are lots of tutorials on Youtube to help you!

Have fun!
Aisling
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I need to do this! Gonna have a look through my wardrobe and see if I can find some old jeans! :)
    Kristina xx
    http://www.modeofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really fun Kristina!! And who knows you might even create your new favourite pair! I did and they were made from my brother's jeans! lol
      Let me know if you try it out and how it went! :)
      Aisling
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Great job!!

    www.everythingcanbefixed.com

    ReplyDelete